NJCEA Annual Spring Conference
March 26, 2011
The 34th Annual New Jersey College English Association Conference was held on Saturday, March 26, 2011 at Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ 07079
Our keynote speaker was Alfred Guy, Writing Director at Yale University.
The conference included breakfast and lunch, the opening keynote, morning and afternoon breakout sessions, plus a concluding reception.
For the 2011 Conference, the following topics were included in the initial CFP.
- "Literature of Africa and the African Diaspora"
- "John Milton and the Prophetic”
- "Current Issues in Second Language Writing"
- “New Approaches to Medieval Literature”
- "American Writing in the Wake of the 1960 Anthology The New American Poetry”
- "Reimagining the Literary Text in Contemporary Society, On and Off the Page”
- "Women's Voices and Feminine/Feminist Aspirations in American/ British Literature”
- "The Graphic Narrative as Literature"
- "Creative Non-Fiction"
- "Writing Center Theory and Practice"
- "Teaching with Technology"
- "Creative Fiction"
- "Chaucer to Twitter: The Affects of the Vernacular on Language and Literature"
- "The Revitalization of Literacy through the Accessibility of EBooks"